Philine lima (Brown, 1827)
Retusophiline lima (T. Brown, 1827)
|Classification according to Bouchet et al. (2017)|
Taxonomic source: World Register of Marine Species (AphiaID: 423717).
- Bulla lima Brown, 1827 (original)
- Bulla lineolata Couthouy, 1839
- Bullaea punctata Møller, 1842
- Philine frigida Knipowitsch, 1896
- Retusophiline lima (Brown, 1827)
- Utriculus lima Brown, 1827
- Philine. Derived from Greek “philainoi”, name of two Carthaginian brothers who fougth for their homeland and who received honors as Gods.
- Lima. From Latin “lima”, file, scraper.
This species has a northern amphiatlantic distribution from Massachusetts over Greenland, Svalbard to Murman coast, White Sea, Kara Sea, Franz Joseph Land (Odhner, 1915). In Norway it is found northwards of the Lofoten (Høisæter et al., 2001) but on the continental slope as far south as Ålesund (Høisæter, 2009). Pilsbry (1895) quoted that Monterosato found this species in the Mediterranean Sea, however, given the distribution reported by other authors this seems unlikely and might come from a misidentification.
| : OBIS|
: GROC 2010-2011
: Enric Madrenas
: João Pedro Silva
: Bernard Picton
| : OPK|
: Manuel Ballesteros.
: M@re Nostrum
: Altres fonts
: Marine Regions
References for the species: Philine lima
- Galicia: Rolán (1983, refers this species to Galicia Bank, bathyal as P. cf. lima).
Azores: Dautzenberg (1889), Nordsieck (1972), Mikkelsen (1995), Malaquias (2001).
Sources: Cervera et al., 2004, Ballesteros, 2007 & 2016, McDonald, 2006 and other sources.
Cite this article as: