Trapania pallida (Kress, 1968)
Trapania pallida Kress, 1968
|Classification according to Bouchet et al. (2017)|
Taxonomic source: World Register of Marine Species (AphiaID: 140046).
- Trapania. The original generic name of this species was Drepania, proposed by Lafont in 1874. Pruvot-Fol in 1931 proposed changing the generic name to Trapania to disambiguate it from Drepania Hübner, 1816 (a group of lepidoptera). Madame Pruvot-Fol does not indicate the origin of the name, but there are two theories: the first would be dedicated to the city of Trapani, the province capital of western Sicily; the second would be inspired on the original generic name Drepania, derived from the Greek “Drepane” which means “sickle” and presumably refers to the shape of the appendages located on the sides of the rhinophores and gills in this genus. Pruvot Fol would have chosen the new name on the basis that it has the same meaning, but not the same sound and thus avoid confusion.
- Pallida. From Latin “pallidus”, pale, livid.
| : OBIS|
: GROC 2010-2011
: Enric Madrenas
: João Pedro Silva
: Bernard Picton
| : OPK|
: Manuel Ballesteros.
: M@re Nostrum
: Altres fonts
: Marine Regions
References for the species: Trapania pallida
- Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the
[includeme]shortcode. This message is shown only to administrators.Sources: Cervera et al., 2004, Ballesteros, 2007 & 2016, McDonald, 2006 and other sources.
- "Estran 22" Faune et flore de la zone de balancement des marées en Côtes d'Armor
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- Encyclopedia of Marine Life of Britain and Ireland
- Flickr pictures
- Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera
- MedSlugs (Atl.E)
- MedSlugs (Med)
- NCBI GenBank
- OBIS - Search by Taxon
- Sea Slug Forum
- World Register of Marine Species
Cite this article as: