Weinkauffia macandrewii (E.A. Smith, 1872)
Weinkauffia macandrewii (E. A. Smith, 1872)
|Classification according to Bouchet et al. (2017)|
Taxonomic source: World Register of Marine Species (AphiaID: 1342949).
- Atys lineatus Usticke, 1959
- Atys macandrewii E.A. Smith, 1872
- Weinkauffia. Dedicated to the German zoologyst and malacologyst Heinrich Conrad Weinkauff (1817-1886).
- Macandrewii. Dedicated to Sir Robert McAndrew, Esq., (1802-1873), a fruit merchant and conchologist from Liverpool. In 1845 he discovered Calocaris macandreae Bell,1846 in Loch Fyne and Mull of Galloway. In 1849 he refitted one of his two yachts ‘Naiad’ to dredging purposes. He was a close friend of Forbes, Barrett & Jeffreys. Despite he is coinsidered to be a pioneer in deep sea dredging, his ships could not normally dredge deeper than around 200 fathoms. His large shell collection ended up in the Zoology Museum, University of Cambridge.
| : OBIS|
: GROC 2010-2011
: Enric Madrenas
: João Pedro Silva
: Bernard Picton
| : OPK|
: Manuel Ballesteros.
: M@re Nostrum
: Altres fonts
: Marine Regions
References for the species: Weinkauffia macandrewii
- Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the
[includeme]shortcode. This message is shown only to administrators.Sources: Cervera et al., 2004, Ballesteros, 2007 & 2016, McDonald, 2006 and other sources.
Cite this article as: